Still tired after Paris...

Well, sorry for another long wait for a post (although I imagine I am just apologising to myself due to lack of readers!) for I have been incredibly busy as usual, rushing around trying to do far too many things at one. But I have some treats in store coming very soon, images from my workshops, some more of my own work to show, new ideas; progression progression...

This weekend I had a very interesting adventure, and I am proposing of writing about this as a piece, due to also my severe lack of photography on the trip. But yes...I hitchhiked to Paris! Not alone of course but with a friend of mine Jadwiga. We thought it would be quick and simple to hitchhike to Paris from Reading/London, but ofcourse this turned out to be one hell of an ordeal! But that's life, ups and downs, and this trip certainly had many, oh how many tales I can cram into one weekend? :)

Our lifts from Reading - Paris & Paris - London....

Outbound:

  1. Reading Services (West) - Reading Services (East) (Faux-pas mix up of services directions!)

  2. Reading Services (East) - Borehamwood Services

  3. Borehamwood Services - Maidstone Services

  4. Maidstone Services - Saint-Quentin Services (This lift took us through the channel via the Dover - Calais ferry)

  5. Saint-Quentin Services - Reims

  6. Reims - Paris

Return:

  1. Porte de la Chapelle - Saint-Denis Petrol Station (on A1)

  2. Saint-Denis Petrol Station - Compiègne Services

  3. Compiègne Services - Péronne Services

  4. Péronne Services - Arras Services

  5. Arras Services - Dunquerke Services (On E40)

  6. Dunquerke Services - Calais P&O Ferry

  7. Dover Port - Thurrock Services

  8. Thurrock Services - Walthamstow Central

14 lifts in total! I am to write about each one...now time to get my storytelling hat on.

Comments