Memories from first time in Georgia and Armenia during Spring 2009... a reflection on how much my photographic perception of the region has changed...


This shows that when your knowledge and admiration of a region grows so distinctly...one's photographic outlook becomes much more genuine and succinct over time.

Take my previous work, now over two years old and after several visits to the region again I'm sure this now defeats the meaning of some of my previous work, where perhaps I merely searched for scenes to validate cliched preconceptions...?


Yerevan, Armenia. Spring 2009



Yerevan, Armenia. Spring 2009


Tbilisi, Georgia. Spring 2009


Tbilisi, Georgia. Spring 2009


Yerevan, Armenia. Spring 2009


Yerevan, Armenia. Spring 2009

Yerevan, Armenia. Spring 2009

© All Images copyright Philip Mowbray

Comments