This isn't just a sunrise....this is a hot and bothered 20 hours on a sweaty bus 5am Turkish Black Sea coast sunrise....

Taken on 4th January 2011, on the 15:30 service from Istanbul to Trabzon on my way to fabulous Georgia. I have used this exact same bus service twice now, once in 2009 and now in 2011. I photographed this scene from the window, some time around 5am near to city of Giresun, I remembered this coast on my previous journey and how awe-inspiring I found it, especially after spending a few weeks previous on the tourist-ridden Mediterranean coast of Turkey. This time I was lucky enough to have a window seat on the bus whilst on the road which hugs the Black Sea coast for hundreds of miles. Now I just don't know....there is just something really special about the black sea....more to come on this idea....


© All images copyright Philip Mowbray

Comments